Betty Tillotson moved to Waldo with her parents in 1945 from Kansas City, Kansas, to
be closer to her father’s work at The Pratt and Whitney Aircraft Plant at Bannister and Troost. Being history buffs, they were intrigued with random historical facts they heard from time to time about the Waldo area. After graduating from Park College with a major in history and languages, Betty held some dancing classes for neighborhood children in the evenings after her daytime secretarial job. Her first recital was in 1951 at the Waldo Theater. By 1966 the classes had grown and she opened her dancing studio at its present location, 7529 Wornall Road in the Waldo Mart.