Armour Hills is an area of 1,608 homes in South Kansas City. It is bounded on the west by Brookside Road, on the north by 65th Street, on the east by Oak Street and the south by Gregory Boulevard.
Early deeds of the land are replete with the names of Kansas City history – David and Eliza Waldo, the John Wornall family, John C. McCoy, Olive Waldo Hinkle and Kirkland Armour. The streets echo with the events of Kansas City history – Jayhawk raids, Order No. 11 and the battle of Westport. In the 1890's, packing family member, Kirkland Armour, bought several hundred acres from the Wornall estate, which became his Meadow Park Farm. From the breed’s Royal English homeland, he developed one of the country.s most noted herds of purebred Hereford. Jesse Clyde Nichols obtained the deed for the land from the Armour family in May of 1922. Construction of homes in the area began soon thereafter and by August 1923 construction sites abounded and continued until the early 30's.