Waldo will support Lucky 13 as the featured charity partner; encouraging visits to Waldo businesses
Dine and discover all that the Waldo neighborhood can offer during the 8th annual Waldo Week with special offers at participating businesses, February 16-24, 2023. Waldo Week was created as a way to showcase the diverse restaurants, retail, unique services, and entertainment experiences offered in the neighborhood and offers the community the chance to support a local non-profit organization.
This year, the Waldo Community Improvement District has partnered with Lucky 13 pet rescue located in Waldo, as the featured charity partner to support their mission of pet adoption. The charity partner was selected through a social contest in which Lucky 13 received over 300 nominations from the general public. The Waldo Community Improvement District has set a goal to raise $1,500 to support the non-profit through a kickoff event followed by a donation drive that kicks off on Thursday, February 16, and runs through February 24. The virtual auction will feature a variety of Waldo packages and a raffle to benefit Lucky 13 and the kickoff event will be hosted at Crows Coffee on Thursday, February 16 from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
“Waldo Week started because the winter months can be challenging and this event serves as a reminder to support our local businesses while also giving back to a charity in need,” said Natalie Nelson, Director of Operations. Waldo Week is a great opportunity for people to explore the area, plus receive a discount and give back to a great cause through our partnership with Lucky 13. Waldo is incredibly dog-friendly so it’s exciting to support a non-profit based in our community.”
Lucky 13 pet rescue, a 501(c)3 is located in Waldo at 119 W. Gregory Blvd. and is dedicated to the rescue and aid of homeless and neglected dogs in the Kansas City metro area. Lucky 13’s goal is to rehabilitate each canine in their care in loving foster homes until they can be carefully matched.
For generations, people have been shopping and dining in Waldo, supporting local businesses, friends, and neighbors. The area, stretching along Wornall Road from Gregory to around 85th St., is home to some of Kansas City’s favorite restaurants, bars, coffee shops, and services. Waldo Week is perfect for fans of KC Restaurant Week, Small Business Saturday, and other local events, as it celebrates all businesses. Whether you are looking for a service, want an excuse to support a coffee shop or restaurant, or grab a cocktail, there are a variety of businesses offering specials and discounts up to 25 percent off during Waldo Week.
Place your bids to win fun items like 8 days of play from The Collar Club, Waldo restaurant gift cards, and more. The auction is live through 2/24 at 5 pm.
DONATE TO THE CAUSE
- Betty Rae’s – 15% discount for anyone mentioning Waldo Week
- Breathe – the wellness society – 10% when Waldo Week is mentioned
- Boru Asian Eatery – 15% off when you mention “Waldo Week” to your server
- Centered Spirit – 20% OFF any infrared sauna session and sauna packages
- CoWork Waldo – 20% off your first month if you sign up and pay during Waldo Week!
- Crows Coffee – Gift Card Special: Buy $50 GC, Get $5, Buy $100, Get $10
- Eclectic’s Gift Gallery – Eclectics will offer a $25 gift card for $20 as our special for Waldo week. Customers who spend $25 or more and mention Waldo week will get their choice of a glass art magnet or a handmade art card.
- Emilie’s French Teas –20% OFF* selected loose-leaf tea by the ounce and an additional 10% OFF our discounted Christmas Tea Line
- Gunter Pest & Lawn – $10 off your first lawn care treatment in an annual lawn care package when you mention Waldo Week
- Hiles Two
- Littlefield Eye Associates
- Marco Polo Wine Selections
- PKTC collectibles (Prestige KC Trading Company)
- Skizzle Productions – Get 50% Off a Video Business Card (VBC)
- South of Summit – 15% off when you mention “Waldo Week” to your server
- Summit Waldo – 15% off when you mention “Waldo Week” to your server
Patrons must mention Waldo Week to receive the discount when they visit participating merchants. Be sure to visit waldokc.org to learn more about the participating businesses and special offers available during Waldo Week. *Rules and restrictions apply.
Located in the heart of Kansas City, MO, Waldo is a walkable, bikeable neighborhood filled with everything from boutiques to bakeries and day spas to nightlife. For more details about the community and businesses bounded by Gregory Blvd., State Line Rd., 85th Street, and Holmes Rd., visit waldokc.org or follow us on Facebook/EverythingWaldo, Twitter (@EverythingWaldo), and Instagram (everythingwaldo).