Show your local love and experience all that the Waldo District can offer during the 7th annual Waldo Week. To excite the local community and showcase the area’s diverse shopping, dining and unique services, Waldo Week offers discounts at participating businesses to experience new places or visit your favorites from February 17 – 25. In addition to exploring Waldo, the community can support a charity during the week of promotions. This year, Waldo will partner with HappyBottoms.org to support their mission of collecting funding and diapers to help alleviate diaper need in the local community.
In lieu of the annual kickoff party for Waldo Week, the Waldo Community Improvement District will host a virtual auction to support and raise funds for HappyBottoms from Thursday, February 17 through February 25. The virtual auction will feature a variety of Waldo packages and raffle items that the community can bid on. In addition, participating Waldo businesses will host diaper bins and on-site QR code posters to help collect diapers and donations from patrons throughout the week. Now more than ever, Waldo wants to support the local community as well as the businesses that call the neighborhood “home”.
The Waldo Week auction to support HappyBottoms.org
is LIVE! Place your bids to win fun items like KC Current
tickets, Waldo restaurant gift cards and more. The auction is live through 3/3 at noon.
- Centered Spirit – 20% off all our sauna sessions online and offline
- CoWork Waldo – 20% off your first month on any desk plan if you sign up during Waldo Week
- Eclectic’s Gift Gallery – For each Happy Bottoms donation, customers will receive a free small art object!
- Emilie’s French Teas – Get additional 10% off our already discounted sale price on our Holiday Teas.
Get 20% off a selected list of loose-leaf teas.
- Hagoyah – 30% off Yoga Gear
- Hawthorne & Ivy – 20% off your purchase
- KC Movement Lab – 10% discount on all five or ten class packs
- KC Protective Animal Welfare Society – 1 free day doggy daycare, $20 dollars off daycare packages. $15 baths with nail trims
- Lew’s Grill and Bar – Daily Specials at https://lewsgrillandbar.com/grill-menu/
- Mike’s Wine & Spirits – 20% off Growlers
- Pistachios Monograms & Gifts – Free Monogram with in-store purchase
- Presence Chiropractic – $100 discount on initial examination fee
- SOAP Refill Station –
* 10% off when you refill your own container with over 24oz of soap
* 15% off when you refill your own container with over 1 gallon (128oz) of soap
* 25% off EVERYTHING you refill in your own container on February 18-19 for our 2ND BIRTHDAY! Also get a free bath bomb when you spend over $50!
- Strip’s Chicken – Buy 1 Get 1 FREE – Melty Cheesy Waldo Burger
- The Well Bar Grill and Rooftop – Daily Specials at https://waldowell.com/grill-menu/
- Waldo Greenhouse
- Waldo Pizza – 25% off all sandwiches
One in three families – an estimated 24,000 children in Kansas City do not have enough diapers and HappyBottoms wants to change that. HappyBottoms org is a 501c3 nonprofit located in Waldo at 303 W. 79th St. that collects diapers through diaper drives and monetary donations to distribute to thousands of low-income families in the Kansas City area.
“Waldo is home to over 300 businesses, many of which are locally owned, so you can truly find something for everyone,” said Natalie Nelson, Director of Operations. “Waldo Week started because the winter months can be challenging and with the ongoing pandemic, it’s more important than ever to support our local businesses.
Waldo Week is a great opportunity for people to explore the area – find new favorites, all while receiving special offers and giving back for a great cause through our partnership with HappyBottoms.”
For generations, people have been shopping and dining in Waldo, supporting local businesses, friends and neighbors. The area, stretching along Wornall Road from Gregory to around 85th St., is home to some of Kansas City’s favorite restaurants, bars, coffee shops, and services. Waldo Week is perfect for fans of KC Restaurant Week, Small Business Saturday, and other local events, as it celebrates all businesses. Whether you are looking for a service, wanting an excuse to support a coffee shop or restaurant, or grab a cocktail, there are a variety of businesses offering specials and discounts up to 25 percent off during Waldo Week.
Patrons must mention Waldo Week to receive the discount when they visit participating merchants. Be sure to visit waldokc.org to learn more about the participating businesses and special offers available during Waldo Week. *Rules and restrictions apply.