KANSAS CITY COMMUNITY
- 2.34 million people live in the Kansas City metro area, which is spread across 15 counties along the Kansas and Missouri border.
- 1,681 children in Jackson County are in need of foster homes but as of November 2019, there are only 382 licensed foster homes in the county.
- We taught 308 students in our therapeutic day treatment schools and partnered with 300 area schools through our educational programs in 2017.
- We helped 3,644 Kansas City metro residents address the effects of trauma through our mental and behavioral health services in 2017.
- We served 344 families and 288 youth through our family and youth support services in 2017.
- We currently partner with 1,533 active foster homes.
Partnering through educational support.
We operate therapeutic day treatment schools at our Gillis and Ozanam Campuses and Blue Springs location for students with behavioral or mental health difficulties. In addition, we offer consulting and training services in area schools to implement our trauma-informed Behavioral Intervention Support Team model and partner with area elementary schools to offer free mental health screenings for students.
Improving mental and behavioral health.
Physical health is important, but so are mental and behavioral health. We work with both children and adults through outpatient counseling, substance abuse treatment and residential treatment to make sure that they are taken care of as whole people.
Uniting families through foster care and adoption.
We offer certification and support for a variety of foster care services, including traditional, respite, kinship, and medical foster care. In addition, our specialized treatment foster care program offers the highest level of care available to children who have experienced significant trauma. Our home finding team works hard to match children with families in both foster care and adoption cases, working to help children experience permanency and find their forever homes.
Supporting Kansas City’s youth.
We work with youth from all backgrounds in a variety of different ways.
- Our Build Trybe program is a series of hands-on, educational opportunities through a mentorship community that builds health, independence and empowers youth with employable skills.
- Pathways is an apartment-style living solution tailored to meet the needs of young adults who need additional support as they reintegrate into the community and plan for their future.
- We offer a mentorship program that pairs youth with adults who can help them navigate the choppy waters of adolescence.
- Our Youth Educational Success (YES) program works matches youth aging out of foster care with a life coach to help them work toward post-secondary education goals.
Helping families stay strong.
- We step alongside families that need additional support to keep child custody through our Intensive In-Home Services.
- In addition, we help parents who have lost custody of their children make the necessary changes to safely welcome their children home through our Family Reunification Services.
- We also offer relationship classes for singles and married couples through our ShowMe Healthy Relationships team.
Enlightening individuals through community trainings.
We regularly offer trainings centered around human trafficking awareness, ACEs, adoption, child abuse, neglect, mandated reporting and other topics. You can even request a training at your workplace or in your community. We also offer Continued Education Unit (CEU) trainings to help care providers maintain their licenses.
Our Most Urgent Need
- We are in need of Individuals, couples and families to partner with us to meet the needs of children in state custody by providing a safe and nurturing home to these children.
- Become a mentor for youth in several of our programs.
- Donate basic necessities such as clothing, towels, toiletries, healthy snacks, etc. for these youth.
300 E 36th St
Kansas City, MO