Waldo Covid-19 Micro Marketing Grants
The Waldo CID Board elected to change our total yearly allocated funds, reserved for Event Grants, to be developed into Micro Marketing Grants (MMG) for businesses in our district affected by COVID-19. Please see information below:
Guidelines for MMG:
- Small video production (self-made or hired) showing how you are pivoting, still operating or just an awareness reminder of your business
- Buy ad on radio (co-partner with Waldo)
- Ads on social media or google words
- Sign printing costs (ex. banners to put on storefront)
- Costs to aid in marketing and pivoting website, in order to take online sales, gift certificates, takeout, etc.
NOTE: Any ad, video, print or announcement must include #WaldoStrong and or Facebook frame – designed by the Waldo Marketing Committee.
Requirements to Receive MMG:
Business must be located within the Waldo CID
Submit online application through WaldoKC.org website
MMG are first come basis as there will be a limited number of grants
Small businesses of 40 employees and less will be given first priority
Business must have had at least a 50% decrease in revenue due to Covid-19
After receiving the MMG approval the business must start to execute the marketing purchase/campaign with the 30 days following approval date and be completed no later than 90 days
* MMG is not a payroll stimulus and is not to be used to items such as payroll, inventory, rent and other costs associated normal operating expenses other than marketing.
* To obtain MMG funds, businesses must pay for the marketing purchase with their own capital, then provide receipts from the marketing expenses to WABA within 30 days of the purchase.
(If the business does not have the ability/capital to make the direct marketing purchase to vendor before getting reimbursed with the MMG, the business will need to contact the WABA to see if they quality for a direct vendor pay from WABA).
Once application is received and reviewed, the business will be notified by the WABA staff if they are approved.
Please find MMG form here.